When you suffer from thrush, you can experience a lot of discomfort with soreness, itching, and pain depending on the severity of the infection.
Before using Canesten® External Thrush Cream, you should see your doctor if:
- You are unsure whether you have thrush or this is the ﬁrst time you have had these symptoms.
- You have had more than two infections of thrush in the last six months.
- You or your partner have ever had a sexually transmitted disease.
- You are aged under 16 or over 60.
- You have ever had an allergic reaction to Canesten or any other vaginal antifungal products
Adults, including the elderly (under 60 years old) and children 16 years and over:
Apply 2 to 3 times a day and gently rub the cream in to the affected area.
Canesten Thrush Cream can be used to treat thrush in men and women.
Canesten Thrush Cream contains Clotrimazole (2% w/w).
It also contains Benzyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Stearate, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Octyldodecanol and Purified Water (see the enclosed leaflet for further information).
Not everyone will experience side effects when they take medication, however if you do they can include:
Vaginal irritation and burning sensation.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if the product affects you in any other way, stop using it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.