Co-codamol is used for the short term treatment of acute moderate pain caused by headaches, migraine, toothache, neuralgia, period pain and rheumatic pains when other painkillers have not worked. Wait at least 4 hours after you last took other painkillers before taking this medicine.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking Co-codamol tablets.
- Swallow the tablets with water.
- This medicine should not be taken for more than 3 days. If the pain does not improve after 3 days, talk to your doctor for advice.
The recommended dose is:
Adults and children 16 to 18 years: 1 to 2 tablets every 6 hours, as needed. Do not take more than 8 tablets in 24 hours
Children aged 12 to 15 years: 1 tablet every 6 hours when necessary. Do not give your child more than 4 tablets in 24 hours
The active substances (the ingredients that makes the tablets work) are 8mg of codeine phosphate and 500mg paracetamol.
- Feeling sick (nausea), being sick (vomiting)
- Dizziness, light-headedness, drowsiness, confusion
- Difficulty in passing water
- Becoming dependent on codeine